Welcome to our Book Club Blog!!

We now have a blog for our book club. I hope you like the name of it. We can use this blog to decide on the books we read, date of the meetings and where. We can also post links to questions, keep our running book list, and lots more. As we go along, we can make changes and decide what is the best way to use this. The main hope is that this will eliminate the endless e-mails to our indecisiveness!!

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Food, Glorious Food!!

Okay, so it isn't all about food, but its hard to think of fun titles. Book Club is this Sunday, August 11th at 1:00 (since I didn't hear any objections to the time, I guess that's okay with everyone) at my house. Below is a link to discussion questions. IMPORTANT - Do NOT look read the summary if you have not finished/read the book. Its gives away the plot and the ending (I couldn't belive they did that!!).

http://www.readinggroupguides.com/guides_B/brave_new_world1.asp

As our reading group grows, I think it might be easier if we always do a "bring a dish" type of meeting. My thought is that is makes it easier on the host. But we can discuss this Sunday, if people have other ideas. If people want to leave a comment to this post with what they are bringing, it will ensure that everyone isn't bringing brownies. I was thinking if a couple people bring a "side-dish" and a couple bring dessert, we should have lots of food, probably too much, but thats okay!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm making fruit salsa and fruit/pasta salad.

Anonymous said...

I'll bring brownies!