Welcome to our Book Club Blog!!

We now have a blog for our book club. I hope you like the name of it. We can use this blog to decide on the books we read, date of the meetings and where. We can also post links to questions, keep our running book list, and lots more. As we go along, we can make changes and decide what is the best way to use this. The main hope is that this will eliminate the endless e-mails to our indecisiveness!!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Select-a-date

I haven't heard back from anyone about a date preference, so let's the polling begin. Please vote on the side poll with what dates you are available. If you are available all 4 dates, you can select all 4. That way, we can hopefully pick the date that works best for most people. If those dates are too soon, we can push it into Feb, but I'm guessing it would most likely be late Feb (after Valentine's Day weekend).

We also need to decide on a location. If there are any volunteers we can do meet at someone's house. Or we can meet over dinner or even just coffee. Feel free to leave a comment with your preference or thoughts about location.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One idea, if we want to meet someplace out is Panera...in the plaza with Best Buy near the mall. It big and have lots of yummy coffee and snacks. Just one suggestion.
DM

Anonymous said...

Jan 25th is not good for me but other dates are OK. Someone suggested either a Starbucks too. Either is fine with me.
BW

Amanda said...

Isn't Feb 1st Superbowl Sunday? I think any of the other dates would work for me and I like the idea of meeting out at Panera or Starbucks this time.

Anonymous said...

Panera does have plenty of room-that was a great suggestion.

I like the Starbucks idea, but we have to pick one with enough seating-for instance, the one in montgomeryville across from the Olive Garden is on the larger side and never seems that busy.

The coffee shop in borders in montgomeryville also has a lot of seating, but that tends to be crowded.

I guess Panera is my first choice and Starbucks is my second.

DC said...

i have been slow to respond sorry i might not be able to make this one.
oh and just a side note they closed the starbucks in the shopping center across from olive garden :(